Admission Support Services
ADMISSION TO 2021
The University will begin making offers to applicants who completed Grade 12 in 2020, from 23 February 2021 (16h00) onwards. Applicants that have written the NSC, IEB or SACAI examinations do not need to submit results as we have received your results directly from the Department. This applies to applicants who are upgrading their results as well.
To view the status of your application and offer click here. The statuses are updated regularly and the moment an offer is made it will reflect on your account and you will receive an automated email and letter confirming this. If you do not receive an offer immediately or your status remains PENDING or AWAITING FINAL DECISION, this means your application is still being considered and you are on a wait-list and will need to be patient as the Faculty finalises its selections.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the protection of personal information applicant data, statuses and outcomes cannot be shared or discussed with any person other than the applicant themself. information may only be shared if direct permission to do so is granted by the applicant.
If you have been made an offer, you will need to:
- Accept the offer within 3 days from the date of the letter; and
- Register before 05 March 2021 to secure your place, click here for detailed registration information.
If you do not accept your offer, it will be revoked and your space given to another applicant on the waiting list.PLEASE NOTE: The University will not be accepting any 'walk-in' or late applications.
If you have not applied to the University or if your application has been declined you may contact the CENTRAL APPLICATIONS CLEARING HOUSE (CACH) via a standard SMS by sending/texting your full name (first name and surname) and ID number to 31629 or sign-up online at cach.dhet.gov.za. You can also find out more on their Facebook page which is CACH_SA.
See tab below for programmes where there may be spaces available (or click here, please make sure you qualify by meeting the the minimum requirements for the programmes available, click here for programme requirements).
Go to STUDENT.UWC.AC.ZA to view your APPLICATION STATUS, ACCEPT AN OFFER or REGISTER
1. Go to STUDENT.UWC.AC.ZA and click on the APPLICATION STATUS button.
2. Enter your SA ID or Passport Number and your UWC Application Number, then click submit. You will then be able to view the programmes you have applied for and the current status.
Statuses are updated automatically and instantaneously as decisions are made. You will also be notified via email should your status change.
If your status states FINAL DECISION, it means you have met the minimum requirements for study but have not yet been selected. Your application is under consideration and a decision will be made based on the competition for space by 05 March 2020.
If your status is PENDING or AWAITING FINAL DECISION or AWAITING DECISION, this means your application is still under consideration and no decision has been made as yet, should this change you will notified via email and the status updated automatically.
1. Go to STUDENT.UWC.AC.ZA and click on the STUDY OFFER button.
2. Enter your SA ID or Passport Number and your UWC Application Number, then click submit.
3. You will then be able to ACCEPT or DECLINE the offer.
Once your selection is confirmed you will receive a confirmation email with further information related to registration.
Offers are not transferable.
1. Contact CACH via a standard SMS by sending/texting your full name (first name and surname) and ID number to 31629 or sign-up online at cach.dhet.gov.za. You can also find out more on their Facebook page which is CACH_SA.
Please note that to be eligible you must meet the minimum requirements for that programme. Click here for programme requirements.
Click here to apply (link active from 24 Feb 2021).
CONTACT CENTRECall us on: +27 21 959 3900/01
Email us at: email@example.com
Live Chat at: Click here