Faculty of Education OverviewThe Faculty of Education currently offers a wide range of professional and academic programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. These programmes are designed to develop the intellectual, academic and professional capacity of students in teaching and related professions.
They cover fields such as teacher education (both pre-service and in-service), adult education, higher education and vocational education. Added to this are the disciplinary areas such as language education, science and mathematics education, educational psychology, sociology of education, educational leadership and management, curriculum studies, comparative education and policy studies.
The programmes currently on offer are:
- Bachelor of Education Senior Phase & Further Education and Training (BEd SP & FET)
- Bachelor of Education Foundation Phase (Grades R-3)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Higher Education: Teaching and Learning (PGDip HE T&L)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (PGDip TVET)
- Programmes in Adult Education
- BEd (Hons)
- Master of Education (MEd)